Learn how to make the most delicious, slimming homemade blackberry lemonade. It’s sweet and tart, and so refreshing! The perfect way to beat the heat.
My very first job was running a homemade lemonade stand, specifically a unique blackberry lemonade stand, with my neighbor when I was six. We would work for what felt like hours (probably close to 15 minutes) to perfect our blackberry lemonade recipe each Sunday morning, and would get so excited to see who was going to stop by. Our marketing wasn’t great, though. Our sign read: FREE LEMONADE, 25¢.
I wish I were joking.
We may not have made much money, but to this day I still have the best blackberry lemonade recipe ever. It’s rare to see blackberry lemonade offered, but it is so, so good! Blackberry lemonade is like a mystery jelly bean flavor you didn’t know you needed. It’s sweet and tart and refreshing and citrusy all at once.
Today I’m going to spill all of my secret blackberry lemonade ingredients so that you can enjoy it at home too! All you need are lemons, water, honey, Detox, blackberries, and some fresh mint sprigs to make it pretty. Oh, and about 15 minutes of your time to spare!
How To Make Homemade Lemonade
Making homemade lemonade is a lot easier than people think. Once you have the basics down, you can get creative with making flavors like blackberry lemonade! What sets a good homemade lemonade apart from a should-have-just-bought-premade-one, is the ingredients! Having the freshest ingredients possible will make all the difference in how it turns out.
The lemon juice you use will greatly impact the flavor of your lemonade, and if you’re going to take the time to make homemade lemonade, might as well homemade lemon juice! To get one cup of lemon juice, you’ll need about 6 lemons. My favorites are Meyer lemons, but they all do the trick!
Next, it’s important to know what kind of sweetener you like. I personally think honey is the best for this blackberry lemonade recipe because of its naturally citrusy undertones, but sugar would do fine if you prefer.
Lastly, flavor it up! I came up with blackberry lemonade when I was a kid because it was my favorite popsicle flavor. I tested and retested my blackberry lemonade recipe until it resembled my favorite frozen treat. It was the perfect mix of decadent and classic.
Best Flavors For Naturally Sweet Homemade Lemonade
Since my homemade lemonade stand has fizzled out, I’ll share what makes my secret blackberry lemonade recipe so deliciously healthy and sweet. Blackberry lemonade is not only tasty, but healthy too!
- Blackberries—Blackberries are obviously the star of the show in this blackberry lemonade recipe, but for so many more reasons than flavor! They have a low Glycemic Index (GI), are packed with vitamin C, and also contain healthy antioxidants. Blackberry lemonade is a nutritious, delicious option for an iced drink during warmer months!
- Detox tea—When I was little, any floral tea would do for my secret blackberry lemonade ingredient. Now that I’m older (and have a much slower metabolism) Detox is my go-to tea of choice! It helps kick start my metabolism, flushes out toxins, and gives me a little boost of energy that my body and mind need. Plus, its peach flavor goes so well with this blackberry lemonade that you’ll never be able to drink lemonade without it again!
- Fresh herbs—This is the easiest way to make a homemade lemonade recipe stand out! In my blackberry lemonade recipe, mint is my go-to herb. It enhances all of the other flavors, makes your lemonade smell great, and you can add it as a garnish to make your drink as beautiful as it is yummy.
- Honey—As I mentioned before, honey is my go-to sweetener because it has natural floral and citrus notes that make for a subtle sweetness. As soon as you warm up your water, add the honey. Honey will not dissolve in cold or room temperature water.
Healthy Blackberry Lemonade Recipe
- 4 cups water
- ⅓ cup honey (or agave)
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups Detox, brewed and cooled
- ½ cup blackberries
- Mint and lemon wedge (for garnish)
- Heat 1 cup of water in a saucepan or the microwave until very warm to the touch (not boiling). Add honey and stir to dissolve.
- Pour honey mixture into your pitcher. Add lemon juice, remaining 3 cups of water, and Detox.
- Blend ½ cup blackberries in a powerful blender and puree. Add the blackberries to the lemonade mixture and stir to combine. Taste and add more sweetener to your liking.
- Serve with ice and top with a sprig of fresh mint and a lemon wedge. Enjoy your homemade lemonade!