You’re going to love this skinny paloma cocktail recipe – it’s equal parts tasty and healthy, plus it’s super easy to make!
After months and months of quarantine, social distancing, working from home and cold weather, it’s finally warming up! And I don’t know about you, but lately I’ve been dreaming about sitting poolside with a cold cocktail, at a beautiful island resort.
But I won’t be on an island any time soon, and I don’t have a pool (unless we’re counting my 4 year old’s princess pool). This is where being the “glass is half-full type” works in my favor. Because guess what I CAN have? Yessss, my cold cocktail!
One of my favorites for this time of year is the paloma cocktail, and I’ve got a paloma recipe that’s equal parts tasty and healthy, plus it’s super easy to make. All you need is a few ingredients—and you’ve got yourself a sweet, sour, salty, icy, endlessly drinkable summertime cocktail!
What Is A Paloma Cocktail?
The paloma is a tequila-based cocktail, and while the Margarita is the go-to tequila drink for many, it’s pink-hued sister is just as amazing. A traditional paloma cocktail consists of tequila, lime juice, and grapefruit soda – plus a little salt on the rim of your glass. My skinny paloma recipe is a healthier version of this classic, with less sugar, but all of the refreshing flavor.
How To Make A Skinny Paloma Cocktail
Now the fun part! The great thing about this Paloma drink recipe is how simple it is. After you make it once, you’ll be a certified pro. The dangerous part…it only takes about 10 minutes to make.
First, we’ll need our ingredients; grapefruit juice, lime juice, agave, tequila, ice, salt, sparkling soda, and my (not-so-secret) super ingredient—SkinnyFit Detox!
Next, grab your handy dandy cocktail shaker, add a little ice, along with the rest of our ingredients (save the salt and sparkling soda for the finale!) and shake!
Finally, salt the rim of your glass, and fill it with ice. Then, pour the paloma cocktail into your glass, top it with sparkling soda, and serve!
Health Benefits Of A Skinny Paloma
It would be a stretch to say that an alcoholic beverage is the healthiest choice, but if you’re going to have a drink, why not make it out of the good stuff!
Fun fact: Tequila is rated the healthiest hard liquor to consume. Unlike most other hard liquors, tequila doesn’t spike your blood sugar, it’s also relatively low in calories. One shot of tequila contains only 63 calories, compared to the 96 calories in a shot of vodka.
Here are a few more reasons why this Skinny Paloma recipe is great if you’re looking to stay fit:
- Low calorie—this paloma recipe is lower in sugar than a paloma drink recipe you’d find elsewhere. We’ve replaced the grapefruit soda with natural grapefruit juice, and used pure agave as our sweetener, so you’ll still look great in your bathing suit by the end of summer!
- Immune health—limes and grapefruits juice are high in vitamin C and antioxidants, both of which may offer health benefits. Eating them or drinking their juice may improve immunity, reduce heart disease risk factors, prevent kidney stones, aid iron absorption, and promote healthy skin.
- Supports healthy metabolism—Vitamin B6, which is found in agave, plays a big role in how your body breaks down food, particularly proteins and carbohydrates.
- Fights bloating and supports weight loss—SkinnyFit Detox’s natural tea blend promotes healthy digestion and deflates your belly. It also contains 13 superfoods that help you lose stubborn weight and curb cravings. (ladies, that’s what you call a win-win!)
Mentioned In This Post
SkinnyFit Detox Tea
Slim down, soothe bloating, and boost your energy naturally! Unlike other detoxes, SkinnyFit Detox has NO laxatives and is made with 13 metabolism-boosting superfoods.
Skinny Paloma Cocktail Recipe
- 2 oz grapefruit juice
- 2 oz SkinnyFit Detox, brewed and chilled
- 2 oz lime juice
- 4 oz tequila
- 1 oz agave
- 2 oz sparkling soda water (plain or grapefruit)
- Salt for rim
- Mix the grapefruit juice, Detox, lime juice, tequila, and agave in a cocktail shaker with a bit of ice. Shake until mixed.
- Salt the rim of your cocktail (optional) and fill with ice. Pour the cocktail into the glass and top with sparkling soda water.
- Garnish with a slice of grapefruit and serve immediately.