If you’re one of those people who thinks it’s impossible to make a delicious protein acai bowl at home, well, you are sadly mistaken my friend! It’s pretty common to think that an acai bowl recipe would be complicated, especially when all the smoothie bowls we see on Instagram and Pinterest look too beautiful to eat… and it’s no different when you go to a fancy smoothie shop either, except you’re out 11 bucks.
But today, you are going to learn how to make an acai bowl so delicious and nutritious, you’ll never want to spend another dime on a protein acai bowl from a fancy smoothie shop again!
This particular acai bowl recipe is one of those recipes that tastes amazing no matter what topping you put on it.
And because I’m super confident how much you’ll love this recipe, I’ve even included 6 BONUS topping combinations to top your acai bowl! Now you can have delicious acai bowls every day!
This recipe is packed with healthy ingredients and even has a little something extra 😋We added one scoop of Super Youth Collagen to this recipe! Why you ask? Well, for starters, adding a premium quality hydrolyzed collagen peptide supplement, like Super Youth, to your daily routine has INCREDIBLE health and beauty benefits.
Super Youth replenishes your body of its natural collagen production allowing you to finally see vibrant, youthful skin free of wrinkles, cellulite, and stretch marks!
Additionally, daily collagen supplementation has been shown to improve joint and bone health, gut health, digestion, and even helps with healing and recovery.
RELATED: 5 Reasons Why You Need Collagen For Skin Care
One of the best things about Super Youth is that it is a flavorless and odorless powder that can be added to any food, or hot or cold beverage. It is also gluten-free, non-GMO, contains 7g of protein and is only 30 calories per serving.
RELATED: What is Super Youth? The Most Effective Way To Fight Aging!
For more collagen recipe ideas click here!
How To Make An Acai Bowl
1 heaping scoop of Super Youth Collagen
1 frozen banana
1 cup of frozen mixed berries
1 tbs honey
1 frozen acai packet, broken into pieces
⅓ cup almond milk (may need more to get the right consistency)
- Place the almond milk, Super Youth Collagen, banana, frozen berries, honey, and acai pieces in the blender.
- Blend until thoroughly combined (If the mixture is too clumpy, you may need to add more almond milk. The final mixture should be smooth and thick, but not watery or clumpy)
- Pour the smoothie mixture into a bowl and add your desired toppings (serve immediately)
Glowing Bowl:Kiwi, strawberry, coconut flakes
Energy Blast: Fresh banana slices, blueberries, granola
Super Antioxidant: Blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, flaxseed
Brain Booster: Walnuts, pumpkin seed, raspberry
Chocolate Obsession: Cocao nibs, strawberries, dark cherries, coconut flakes
PB&J: Peanut butter, blackberries, granola
- Freeze the bananas with the peel off
- If the acai packets are too hard, you can run the packet under warm water and break it up before putting it in your blender
- It’s best to start with less almond milk and slowly add in more as you need it. If you pour too much, it’s okay! You might just have an acai smoothie instead! (Still delicious)