Finding vitamins and supplements is hard enough. Trying to find the best supplements for women, specifically? Well, that’s a whole other ballgame!
What supplements to take has got to be the #1 question I get asked on a daily basis. Whether I have a new client or an old friend reach out to me, everyone wants to know which supplements they should be taking, and what the best supplements for women are. It’s also not a straightforward answer, because every person is different!
The supplements you should take can vary by your lifestyle, diet, goals, and taste preferences. However, because it is such a common question, I have created a guide to the top 12 best supplements for women to take based on weight loss, exercise, anti-aging, and daily vitamins.
Best Weight Loss Supplements For Women
When searching for the best weight loss supplements for women, I had my work cut out for me! You have no idea how many supplements out there claim to be “the best”. After searching high and low, and examining every single ingredient on numerous labels, I’ve compiled a list of the top 3 actual best weight loss supplements for women:
- Green Coffee Bean Extract—If you’ve ever seen raw, unroasted coffee beans, they’re green! Green coffee bean extract became popular for its supposed positive effect on glucose and metabolic function. It’s a powdered supplement that comes in capsules, and because of its caffeine content, is said to also help suppress appetite. I personally already drink too much tea and coffee to consider this an option (because there is such a thing as too much caffeine)  but to each their own. It is convenient for anyone who prefers supplements in pill-form, but I personally like my caffeine with almond milk and coconut sugar. 😜
- Conjugated Linoleic Acid—Commonly known as CLA, this fatty acid that has been said to help decrease fat and also help boost immunity. There are quite a few CLA supplements on the market, but only one has really worked for me. SkinnyFit’s Snack Attack CLA capsules are the best in my opinion, because they contain other amazing weight loss ingredients like apple cider vinegar, green tea, and cayenne powder. Unlike a lot of capsule supplements, Snack Attack is completely vegetarian. Yup, that’s right! Many gel capsule pills are made from gelatin, which is of course made from animal sources. Snack Attack helps you slim down by cutting out unnecessary snacking, and burns additional calories thanks to its metabolism-boosting formula.
- Green Juice Powder—Raise your hand if you’ve ever gagged after trying a greens powder. ✋✋✋ Seriously, it is SO hard to find a delicious and effective green juice powder. I cannot believe how much money I’ve blown and time I’ve spent on trying to choke down chalky and grassy tasting green blends. After years of painful juices, I finally found the holy grail of green juice powders: SkinnyFit Skinny Greens! It’s a superfood powder full of 34 different fruits and vegetables, stress-relieving adaptogens, and even contains pre- and probiotics! This may be my top pick in the running for best weight loss supplements for women, because it’s tasty, easy to take on the go, and makes me feel like a gazillion bucks.
Best Anti-Aging Supplements For Women
I’ll never forget my 25th birthday. I got my first grey and my first under-eye wrinkle. Frantically, I called my mom to find out what in the world I needed to start drinking or rubbing on myself to make it go away. She gasped and said she didn’t need to start her anti-aging routine until she was 30. Needless to say, I took matters into my own hands. Here is what I’ve found to be the best anti-aging supplements:
- Turmeric Supplements—The main active compound found in turmeric, circumin, has been favored for its high antioxidant properties. People have been using turmeric in serums, oils, pill form and powder form for centuries thanks to its anti-aging effects. Not everyone loves the spicy bite of turmeric, though, and often turmeric supplements are missing the #1 ingredient, black pepper. That’s right, turmeric is not as bioavailable without black pepper. Keep an eye out for your next turmeric supplement purchase!
- Collagen—Collagen is a naturally occurring protein in the body that helps keep our body lubricated. This means moisturized skin and mobile joints. What this also means, on a surface level, is it aids in glowing, youthful skin, stronger, longer hair and nails, and even helps to slow and reverse the signs of aging. It’s essentially the Beyonce of anti-aging. I take SkinnyFit Super Youth multi-collagen peptides because it contains all five types of collagen from four clean sources. In comparison, other collagens only contain one or two types of collagen, from a single source. Whether you are interested in collagen for anti-aging or its other amazing benefits, I always suggest collagen as one of the best supplements for women to take.
- L-theanine—L-theanine is an amino acid found in some foods and teas. It’s been said to extend lifespan and improve focus. While I do believe in the art of tea, I find L-theanine to be more of a mental anti-aging supplement rather than for these dang wrinkles I got for my birthday that one year. If you are feeling like the “forgetful ager” then theanine, like L-theanine, may be a great option for you.
Best Workout Supplements For Women
One of the most common questions I get as a fitness instructor is what the best workout supplement for women is. It’s a tough one. There are so many great supplements out there, but really only a few taste good, make you feel good, and are made with clean ingredients. After years of trying and reviewing, here are my top three best workout supplements for women:
- BCAA—BCAA’s (branched chain amino acids) help to repair muscles from the microtears that occur during exercise.In order to properly recover, our muscles require the right fuel and fluids to do so, such as electrolytes.  BCAA’s also help to rehydrate the body (which we know helps with anti-aging), reduce soreness, and also support healthy weight. My favorite BCAA supplement is Repair & Recover by SkinnyFit. It tastes amazing, has no added sugar, and gets delivered right to my door every month!
- Protein Powder—Everyone thinks the best workout supplements for women are protein powders. They’re definitely beneficial, but not all protein powders are created equally. A lot of them are high in calories and packed with unnecessary sugars. When looking for a high-quality protein powder, try and find ones with as few ingredients as possible! When in doubt, opt for a collagen protein. Super Youth collagen contains 7g of protein in every scoop and can be added to any food or drink.
- Pre Workout—Pre workout is one of the most underrated workout supplements, and in my opinion, one of the best supplements for women who need extra motivation in the gym. I know it can seem like a scary supplement to start taking, but with the right one it’s LIFE-CHANGING. SkinnyFit Jump Start is my go-to because it gives me all of the feel-good energy, without any of the jitters or a crash. It tastes good, which is high on my must-have list, and it isn’t full of added sugars.
Best Vitamin Supplements For Women
The best vitamins for women are simple. A daily multivitamin, magnesium, and pre- and probiotics are my three go-to’s. The tricky part comes down to which brand to take. Most often, as long as you find no sugar, organic, non-GMO vitamins, you are in the clear. What I tell women when they ask about the best vitamins for women is to try a few and pick the one that fits your lifestyle! This can be price, taste, and ease-of-use.
- Daily multivitamin—My mom always, always told me that multivitamins were the best vitamins for women. And she was right! They contain all of the trace minerals and vitamins that I don’t get enough of in my food, and even help to increase bone strength, neurological function, and help to decrease certain cancers and diseases.
- Magnesium—Magnesium is the unsung mineral hero of the body. It’s associated with over 600 functions in the body, and guess what? Most people, men included, are deficient in it. Magnesium helps to boost performance, lower blood pressure, fight inflammation, improve PMS symptoms, and more. It’s easy to find, relatively cheap and can be added to just about any beverage. It does fizzle up quite a bit, so be sure you don’t add it to a full glass of water or other liquid! Learned that the hard way…
- Pre- and probiotics—Gut health is so important. Especially as we age. Taking a daily prebiotic and probiotic can be daunting, which is why I like to take mine as a two-in-one. I alway suggest SkinnyFit’s Belly Balance because it contains 2 billion CFU’s (1 billion is the minimum you should look for in a good probiotic) and it contains kombucha, which is a fermented form of tea. A.k.a. great for the gut!
The Bottom Line Of Women’s Supplements
Whether you need more energy, a little help in the weight loss department, or just want a daily vitamin, figuring out a supplement that works for you is key. I know that finding the best supplements for women can be a difficult and, sometimes, exhausting task. Not to mention, expensive! But once you find ones that work for you and you get into the groove of taking them, the way you feel will make it all worth it.
Mentioned In This Post
Total Reset Bundle
The perfect bundle for hitting the health reset button! Each Total Reset Bundle includes 30 servings of Beauty Juice, 58 servings of Super Youth Peach Mango, and 28 servings of Detox.