The Best Lavender Margarita Recipe To Soothe Your Stress!
Written by: Spencer Higgs - Feb. 13, 2020
I can’t help it. When I hear the word “margarita,” it brings to life images of idyllic tropical beaches, long summer days, and the happiest of happy hours. From modest cocktails to fruit-bowl sized glasses that are anything but, it’s safe to say there’s a margarita for everyone and every occasion. And with National Margarita Day just around the corner, I’m excited to share with you my personal favorite twist on the infamous tequila mix — the delightful lavender margarita.
What’s In A Lavender Margarita?
This colorfully dressed, uniquely flavored margarita recipe is a far cry from the obnoxiously sweet, suspiciously cheap 2-for-1 deals at your local tiki bar. In fact, it’s closer to a craft lavender cocktail that’s as simple to make and healthy to drink as they come.* You’ll have your friends thinking you grew up in Cabo, while not straying (too far) from your diet goals.
Okay, let’s check out the ingredients!
1. Tequila (Silver/Blanco)
In college, I had little to say about tequila; I’d just shout it and blurry fun typically ensued.
These days, I’ve cultivated a love and respect for the agave spirit, and use different colors and qualities of tequila depending on the cocktail or flavored margarita recipe I’m following. When making a lavender margarita, I insist on a mid-range silver (blanco) tequila. Because it’s our base, we want something that’s going to complement, instead of control, the lavender flavors.
A rule of thumb: pick a tequila that’s $10-$15 more than anything you would have bought in college!
2. Butterfly pea powder
Margaritas are by nature colorful, which is why you want to go with a silver tequila for this recipe—it’s going to unveil the soft, purply-blue hues that butterfly pea powder brings to life in your lavender margarita.
Those who have heard of butterfly pea powder may recognize it as the key ingredient in the eponymous tea craze that swept Instagram and Pinterest last year.
The butterfly pea flower (which also goes by a variety of equally charming names) produces an eye-catching indigo color when made into powder and added to clear liquid. Like tequila 😉.
But it also harbors an array of important health benefits.  A handful include:
- Anticancer properties
- Analgesic properties
- Anti-ulcer, gastrointestinal properties
Essentially, if you’re looking to fend off bad stuff, adding butterfly pea powder to your lavender cocktail is a good idea. Sadly, no studies have shown anti-hangover properties.
Margaritas are known for their high sugar (read: high calorie) content. But didn’t I promise this would be a healthy recipe?! Instead of sugar, pick a low- or no-calorie sweetener of your choice. Preferably, you want to choose one that has little or no color to preserve the aesthetic of your lavender cocktail.
Also, if you want to make a simple syrup, just mix your sweetener into a pan of warm water and stir. As a rule of thumb, 3 1/2 tablespoons into 1/2 of water works for most stevia simple syrups.
Note: Margaritas usually use agave, but to achieve the color we want, it’s best to remove as many colored ingredients as possible.
4. ZzzTox tea
If Butterfly Pea Powder makes this flavored margarita recipe healthier, SkinnyFit’s ZzzTox tea makes it the healthiest! Beyond providing a distinct lavender taste, adding ZzzTox to your lavender cocktail amplifies the nutrient content and will help you feel incredible. The secret is ZzzTox’s 8 types of metabolism-boosting, stress-reducing tea leaves, used for centuries for mental and physical wellbeing.
Health Benefits Of ZzzTox
- Releases toxins—Toxic build-up can affect us in ways we don’t even want to imagine—and often can’t. Toxins can lead to unusual body odors, low energy levels, constipation, and much more. We’re exposed to them through everything from our food to our fast-paced lives, but ZzzTox’s blend of toxin-expelling ingredients help to reduce inflammation, boost immunity, and improve skin health. One such ingredient is chamomile, which contains luteolin, a natural flavonoid that’s a powerful neurotoxicity inhibitor. Luteolin helps improve those hard-to-pinpoint symptoms we often label “brain fog”.  Different from tequila brain 😜
- Assist fat loss—Most of us are pretty keen to trim some fat, if for no reason than to give ourselves a more confident, attractive look. Unfortunately, commonly consumed foods and drinks (margaritas included) can make maintaining a healthy body-fat ratio difficult. But that’s exactly the function of ZzzTox’s fat-reducing ingredients—they stir your metabolism and help burn unneeded fat, even while your body is at rest.
- Fights bloating—Bloating. Probably my least comfortable feeling. Herbs have long been used to calm the gaseous buildup that protrudes our waistline, particularly after overindulging at the dinner table. If alcohol causes you to feel bloated, you’re not alone. But ZzzTox contains soothing herbs, like lemon balm leaf, chamomile, and—you guessed it—lavender buds that all help to neutralize digestion and bloating.
- Reduces stress—It’s commonly known that lavender and chamomile have a calming and soothing effect on our bodies. ZzzTox is packed with 8 stress-fighting superfoods to help you relax and take a load off.
Lavender Margarita Recipe
- 3-4 oz. SkinnyFit ZzzTox, brewed and chilled
- 3 oz. silver (blanco) tequila
- Liquid stevia, to taste
- 2 oz. lemon juice
- Pinch of butterfly pea powder
- Lavender sprigs for garnish, optional
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. In a small bowl, mix the butterfly pea powder with the lemon juice until you get a beautiful blue color. Begin adding all of the ingredients into the cocktail shaker. Put the lid on tightly and shake, shake, shake! Pour into 2 glasses filled with ice and garnish with a lavender sprig.