If you can’t already tell, here at SkinnyFit, we are obsessed with all things health, wellness, and beauty, and we’ve made it our mission to create the absolute best products to help you live a healthier life. Whether you’re new to the SkinnyFit gang or you’ve been with us for a while now, we’re confident that you’ll fall in love with our extensive lineup—from our best sellers like Super Youth collagen and Detox to our pre-workout formulated just for women, and everything in between. 😍But, two questions remain: where do you start on your journey toward a healthier lifestyle and which SkinnyFit product is best for you and your goals?
With that said, welcome to SkinnyFit 101: A Beginners Guide To Healthy Living! We understand how overwhelming it can be adopting a more health-conscious lifestyle. So, to make things a little easier, we’re revealing everything you need to know about how to reach your goals and fast track your success with SkinnyFit, including:
- How to kickstart a healthier lifestyle (3 things you need to get started)
- Which SkinnyFit product is right for you? (based on your individual goals)
- Our SkinnyFit Product Guide: A Full Glossary of our Products (+ How to Use Them)
- The ultimate SkinnyFit product timeline (when to take SkinnyFit products)
- Helpful SkinnyFit resources to keep you on track!
How To Kickstart A Healthy Lifestyle
If you’ve ever attempted to make healthier changes but failed to see favorable results, you’re NOT alone. So many women aspire to live healthier lives but are often confused and overwhelmed with the plethora of information available to them, oftentimes leaving them worse off than when they started. But, I promise it’s a lot easier than you think—and this SkinnyFit guide is going to simplify it for you!
If you want to start living healthier, these are three simple and effective things you can do to get the ball rolling…
1. Change Your Perspective About Getting Healthy
How we perceive the world around us directly influences everything we do. When we’re faced with a particular challenge, like going on a diet or exercising for the first time, our perspective can directly manipulate the outcome of that challenge–and whether that outcome is positive or negative is entirely up to us.
For example, if you see yourself as one of those people who have very little willpower, you might believe on a subconscious level that you’ll never be able to stick to a healthy diet, so you simply avoid it. Or maybe you’ve been procrastinating signing up for a gym membership because you think that if you start lifting weights, you’re going to get “bulky.” These types of limiting beliefs, or “false truths,” we tell ourselves constrain us, limit our success, and ultimately prevent us from accomplishing the things we want most. If we believe them, we allow those limiting beliefs to influence our perspective in a negative way.
If you truly want to live a health-conscious lifestyle, changing your perspective about the process and adopting a positive mindset can be the determining factor in whether you will reach your goals, or not.
Here are some affirmations to help you gain a positive perspective about getting healthy:
- Being healthy is a choice, and I choose good health
- I am stronger than my excuses
- I love and respect my body
- The process may be hard, but it’s getting easier every day
- I can achieve anything I set my mind to
- I have the power to choose happiness
- I will not compare myself or my progress to others
- I am amazing in ways numbers cannot define
- Loving myself is the most important thing
2. Set Clear Goals
If you’re ready to start living a healthier lifestyle, chances are you already have an idea of what that means to you. Maybe you’re looking to lose weight, reduce your stress levels, or maybe you want to improve your sleep quality. No matter what you’re looking to accomplish on your journey to better health, having a very clear set of goals is crucial to your success. In fact, one of the biggest reasons people fail to see results after they’ve started exercising or eating healthy is because they fail to plan properly. Improper planning can lead to a weight rebound that can trigger a series of yo-yo dieting and can even cause metabolic damage! Who wants that? Not me!
Using the S.M.A.R.T. goals strategy is the most effective way to not only ensure you are setting goals you can actually stick to, but also to ensure that you can maintain your results over the long-term.
3. Determine Your Action Steps
Once you have a clear idea of what your goals are, you’ll need a plan of action. List out everything you need to do (literally) in order to reach your goal. Let’s say you want to lose weight, you’ll want to set your action items around a healthy diet, exercise, accountability, and supplementation. Here’s an example of how you can create a plan of action in order to see your best results…
How to clean up your diet
Cleaning up your diet is just one of those things that you have to do if you want to lose weight. It’s almost a non-negotiable. After all, weight loss is simply a balance of energy input (food/calories) versus energy output (exercise)—ensuring that your energy input isn’t exceeding your energy output will result in weight loss. Use these action items to help you transition into healthy eating.
- Declutter fridge and cupboards and get rid of all bad food/temptation
- Go shopping for healthy, clean-eating foods
- Learn one new healthy recipe and/or cooking technique every week
- Meal prep weekday lunches to avoid eating out
- Replace snack foods with healthier food swaps
How to exercise regularly
Regular exercise is not only helpful for weight loss, but also for reducing stress, improving cardiovascular health, and preventing diseases like heart disease, arthritis, and diabetes. If you want to make exercise a part of your regular routine, here are some action items to get you started.
- Schedule a time to exercise in advance so there is no excuse not to do it
- Find an inspiring and motivating exercise routine that you actually enjoy
- Improve your gym confidence so you can slay your workouts every day
- Educate yourself on healthy travel tips to stay on track even when you travel
How to stay accountable
Holding yourself accountable can sometimes feel like the hardest part of your weight loss journey because, let’s face it, saying no to things is hard when you’re on a diet. But, there are some simple ways to develop more self-discipline and willpower and stay committed to your goals. Try some of these accountability techniques to avoid falling into old patterns that can slow your progress.
- Join a support group or an online community
- Identify any bad habits that can get in your way, and stop ‘em
- Stop believing all of the weight loss myths you’ve heard and find what works best for you
- Enjoy the occasional cheat meal, without overdoing it. After all, healthy living is all about balance, and sometimes that means a little reward every now and again
How to add supplements to your regime
Supplementation is a key factor in healthy living. However, it’s important to learn which SkinnyFit supplements are best for you and your goals, when to use them, and how to use them properly in order to get the best results. So, let’s go over them in a little more detail, shall we?
How To Use SkinnyFit Products For Your Goals
No matter which SkinnyFit product you’re taking, it’s critical to use the recommended serving for each product and continue using the product for the suggested length of time. Consistency is key for maximum benefits! Here’s a general guideline on how you can use SkinnyFit products to start seeing better results in a shorter amount of time.
- Good results—use SkinnyFit products consistently for at least 28 days.
- Better results—use SkinnyFit products consistently for at least 60 days and maintain a healthy and balanced diet.
- Best results—use SkinnyFit products consistently for at least 90 days, maintain a healthy and balanced diet, and continue a consistent exercise regime.
Now, your goals should determine which supplements will be best for you. Here are our general recommendations for which products are best based on your goal:
Which SkinnyFit products are best for optimal health and wellness?
Which SkinnyFit products are best for weight loss?
Which SkinnyFit products are best for rest and recovery?
SkinnyFit Product Guide
When it comes to health, wellness, and beauty, we’re serious about getting results. Our premium, all-natural products have everything you need to feel healthy and glowing from the inside out.
Super Youth is a premium collagen supplement that contains a blend of five different types of hydrolyzed collagen peptides from three different sources. It’s designed to reverse the signs of aging to help you look and feel years younger. Super Youth is available in a variety of flavors including, Peach Mango, Chocolate Cake, and Original (unflavored).
Benefits of Super Youth
- Promotes youthful skin—smooths wrinkles, increases elasticity, & erases cellulite
- Strengthens hair & nails and promotes growth
- Supports a healthy weight & muscles
- Improves joint and bone health
- Repairs intestinal wall and improves gut health, which helps promote a healthy weight
Types of collagen in Super Youth
- Type I and III: Supports Skin, Hair, Nails, & Bones—this type of collagen makes up the skin, hair, bones, teeth, tendons, and ligaments. It contributes to hair thickness, reduces hair loss, and improves skin smoothness and elasticity
- Type II: Joint & Cartilage Support—Type II collagen makes up the joint cartilage, and may reduce popping knees and support back, jaw, and joints to keep your body strong and flexible. This improves elasticity in tendons and ligaments that decline with age
- Type V: Fibrillar Support—Type V is essential for the formation of Types I and III, and supports optimal tissue quality in hair, skin, nails, and vital organs—restoring youth from the inside out
- Type X: Healing Process—this type of collagen supports bone formation in cartilage, which prevents normal wear and tear in joints and keeps your body performing at optimal, youthful levels
Where we source our collagen
When it comes to collagen, quality is everything. We ensure our collagen is made from only the most premium, natural sources:
- Grass-fed, pasture-raised cows
- Cage-free chickens
- Wild-caught fish
How to use Super Youth
- Take 1 scoop of Super Youth 2-3 times daily
- Flavored Super Youth: Mix any of our delicious flavored collagen blends with water alone! They taste THAT good. For an extra fruity kick, add them to a smoothie.
- Unflavored Super Youth: Mix our original, unflavored formula with hot beverages like coffee, add it to soups, stews, or oatmeal, or blend it into your favorite smoothie. For optimal taste, we don’t recommend mixing it with water alone.
For more information about collagen, check out What Are Collagen Peptides? 5 Things You Need To Know
SkinnyFit Detox is a 100% natural blend of 13 powerful superfoods that contains whole tea leaves, berries, and herbs that kickstart your metabolism, fight bloating, and accelerate weight loss the safe and natural way. You can drink Detox either hot or cold, by itself, or it can even be mixed with your favorite fruits or infused water or apple cider vinegar to amplify fat burning.
Benefits of Detox tea
- Burns fat
- Fights bloating
- Releases toxins
- Boosts metabolism
How to use Detox
- Steep one tea bag of SkinnyFit Detox in 8 oz. of hot water for 5-7 minutes, or go the cold brew route by leaving it in the fridge overnight. If you’re short on time, you can make a pitcher of Detox tea to last full week. Simply pour your premade Detox into one of our stylish bottles and you’re good to go!
- You should drink SkinnyFit Detox daily for a minimum of 28 days and pair with a healthy diet and regular exercise for best results.
To learn more about Detox tea and how it works, check out What Does Detox Tea Do? 7 Things You Need To Know (For Best Results!)
SkinnyFit ZzzTox contains eight relaxing superfoods that help you fight bloating, improve rest, and supercharge your weight loss, all while you sleep! It also helps reduce stress, anxiety, and other sleep-related issues that contribute to weight gain. ZzzTox is caffeine-free and is a perfect detox option for anyone who is caffeine-sensitive.
Benefits of ZzzTox
- Fights stress-induced weight gain
- Releases toxins
- Reduces bloating
- Improves rest & sleep
How to use ZzzTox
- Steep ZzzTox in 8 oz. of hot water for 5-7 minutes
- Drink daily, at night, or when you want to relax. You can enjoy it hot or you can even get creative and make a delicious lavender lemonade
To learn more about how ZzzTox can improve rest, check out What Is The Best Tea For Sleep? These Are The 7 Best Teas To Drink Before Bed
Jump Start is an energizing pre-workout that improves your motivation, focus, and endurance so you can get the most out of your exercise routine and conquer your day, without a crash!
Benefits of Jump Start
- Provides long-lasting energy
- Supports endurance
- Promotes a healthy mood
How to use Jump Start
- Take Jump Start 30-45 minutes before exercise
- Mix one scoop with 8 oz. of water
- Crush your workout
Repair & Recover
Repair & Recover is a branch chain amino acid (BCAA) recovery drink that will maximize your weight loss, tone your body, and replenish your body with electrolytes that are lost during exercise. BCAAs help promote lean muscle growth after a workout.
Benefits of Repair & Recover
- Amplifies fat burning after exercise
- Speeds up recovery & eases soreness
- Promotes the building of lean muscle
How to use Repair & Recover
- Take Repair & Recover during or immediately after exercise or physical activity
- Mix one scoop with 8 oz. of water or a post-workout smoothie
To learn more about Jump Start and Repair and Recover and how to use pre- and post- workout supplements, check out Pre-Workout vs. Post-Workout Supplements: What’s The Difference (+How To Use!)
Belly Balance is an all-natural blend of kombucha, pre- and probiotics, and digestive enzymes that promote a healthy digestive tract and immune system and restore a healthy balance of good bacteria to increase nutrient absorption.
Benefits of Belly Balance
- Promotes healthy digestion
- Regulates bowel movement
- Boosts immunity
How to use Belly Balance
- Take Belly Balance 2x daily with water—1 capsule in the morning and 1 capsule in the evening
- Feel cleaner, leaner, and healthier
Snack Attack is our a breakthrough fat-burning appetite suppressant that minimizes snacking, helps you burn more calories, and is scientifically formulated to meet the unique metabolic needs of women!
Benefits of Snack Attack
- Controls appetite
- Speeds up your metabolism
- Accelerates fat loss
How to use Snack Attack
- Take Snack Attack daily
- Take 2 capsules 30-60 minutes prior to a meal
- It’s important to stay hydrated while taking Snack Attack. We recommend drinking ½ of your body weight in ounces of water each day
To learn more about Snack Attack and how it works, check out What Is SkinnyFit Snack Attack? Meet The Missing Piece To Your Fat Loss Program!
SkinnyFit Daily Glow is packed with biotin, B-vitamins, vitamin C & E, and antioxidants that revive the look and feel of your hair, brighten skin tone, and protects against free-radical damage!
Benefits of Daily Glow
- Supports radiant hair & nails
- Brighten skin tone
- Promotes youthful-looking skin
How to use Daily Glow
- Take Daily Glow 2x a day with water for best results
- Enjoy the glow from head to toe
The Ultimate SkinnyFit Product Timeline (When To Take SkinnyFit Products)
When it comes to getting the most out of your SkinnyFit products, timing is everything. And when you’re putting in the effort to find the right supplements to enhance your goals, understanding when and how to take them effectively can maximize the benefits.
Here’s a timeline of when to take SkinnyFit products to leverage their effects and boost your results. Keep in mind, it’s most important to create a routine that works best with YOUR schedule, lifestyle, and goals, so feel free to make adjustments as necessary.
- Upon waking: Detox (optional: 1 cup)
- With breakfast: Super Youth (1 scoop), Belly Balance (1 capsule), Daily Glow (2 capsules)
- Mid morning: Detox (1 cup)
- 30 minutes before lunch: Snack Attack (2 capsules)
- Pre-Workout: Jump Start (1 scoop 30 minutes before workout)
- During/post-workout: Repair & Recover (1 scoop), Super Youth (optional: 1 scoop with Repair & Recover)
- With Dinner: Belly Balance (1 capsule)
- PM: ZzzTox (1 cup), Super Youth (optional: 1 scoop)
Helpful SkinnyFit Resources
Beginning a healthier lifestyle can be overwhelming, we get it! But here at SkinnyFit, we are fully committed to helping you reach your goals, whatever they may be. Whether you’re looking to lose weight, gain confidence, or even love yourself more, we’ve got your back! With that said, we have plenty of resources to help you live a healthier life and stay committed to your goals!
- For general questions, visit our FAQ page
- For additional inquiries, contact us anytime at email@example.com
- To speak with a customer support specialist, call us toll-free 1-888-862-1758. We do our best to provide you with the best customer service possible and we are available to assist you 24 hours a day. Many of our customer support specialists are NASM (National Academy of Sports Medicine) Certified Nutrition Coaches and are qualified to answer any and all of your questions!
- For more information about our products and how to use them, be sure to follow and subscribe to our blog and newsletter!
- Join our growing Facebook community for fitness challenges, exclusive product offers and deals, and to connect with other women on their own journey to better health!