How To Make A Healing Golden Milk Turmeric Latte
Written by: Lauren Villa - Nov. 29, 2019
Maybe you’ve seen a tawny colored ice cream cone or a turmeric latte and wondered where the beautiful bronze hue came from. Well, that color is born from a little spice called turmeric. I don’t like to pick favorites, but turmeric wins the war in my spice cabinet—hands down. From anti-inflammatory to antioxidant to antiviral properties, this important herb has earned quite a reputation in the health scene… and my heart. It makes a fun addition to most recipes. Plus, it’s been hailed as a traditional medicine for centuries—helping to alleviate depression, hangovers, high cholesterol, and more. Spice up my life, turmeric latte recipe!
What Is A Golden Milk Latte (Turmeric Latte)?
So what is a golden milk latte, or turmeric latte? It’s a traditional Indian drink that has been perfected over the centuries. As you can imagine, there are tons of variations on the traditional turmeric latte recipe. But what it comes down to is that this latte is served hot, made with frothed up milk, turmeric, and other ingredients. It’s a no brainer that turmeric is packed to the brim with healthy minerals, but the other ingredients sometimes used in a turmeric latte like cinnamon and ginger, are also known for their anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. So, not only is turmeric a fun add-in that will brighten up the hue of your foods and drinks, a golden milk latte is an incredibly healthy option when you’re in the café line wondering what to order.
Whipping up a turmeric latte recipe is a delicious way to start your morning or to give you a perfect pick-me-up during a mid-day crash. You know how health trends go: Old becomes new. Recently, turmeric lattes have been making a huge comeback in the health scene. Sprinkling the yellow spice into frothed, non-dairy milk has caught on and spread like wildfire. The good news is that a golden milk latte is easy to make and provides a boost of caffeine, without the jitters. Plus, the golden color is so beautiful that you’re sure to draw attention from your coworkers or friends… giving you the chance to introduce them to turmeric, the superhero of all spices.
Turmeric Latte Benefits
Turmeric is a member of the ginger family and been used for centuries with healing, traditional Chinese medicine, and ayurvedic medicine. Why? Turmeric helps with a number of conditions and has been shown to help with issues like:
- Lowering blood sugar: The active ingredient in turmeric is curcumin, which has been shown to help with depression, cancer, Alzheimer’s disease, lowering blood sugar, and arthritis. (1) Additionally, studies show turmeric plays a role in preventing and treating diabetes by lowering glycemic levels. (2)
- Boosting the immune system: Curcumin supports immunity by helping to keep the immune system functioning in top form. Studies on tumors and cancer cells show that turmeric targets free radicals in the body, which helps combat inflammation and boost immunity. (3) That means your turmeric latte recipe not only tastes delicious, but it also helps you combat disease. How cool is that?
- Improving mood: Numerous studies have documented the significant impact of using turmeric as a way to decrease depressive symptoms. The science shows that the turmeric in a golden milk latte is an all-natural and highly effective way to lift your mood in a safe and cost-effective way. (4) Sign me up!
Of course, the best way to pack in more benefits to your golden milk latte is by adding a scoop of unflavored Super Youth collagen peptides. Blend a heaping scoop of unflavored Super Youth into your hot, milky beverage and enjoy these added collagen benefits:
- Grow longer, healthier hair
- Strengthen brittle hair, nails, and teeth
- Tighten and rehydrate skin
- Smooth cellulite
- Erase fine lines and wrinkles
- Improve joint health
- Strengthen bones
Feeling anxious? Feeling low energy? Looking to start a healthy habit and impress your taste buds? This easy golden milk latte recipe will give your body the best treatment possible, while also lowering your blood sugar and boosting your immune system.
If you love this turmeric latte recipe, share it with your friends and family and spread the love… and health benefits!
Easy Golden Turmeric Latte Recipe
- 1 cup of non-dairy milk
- 1 scoop Super Youth collagen peptides, unflavored
- ⅛ tsp fresh ginger
- ⅛ tsp turmeric
- ⅛ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- ½ tsp coconut oil
- pinch of pepper
- Blend all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender and pour into a small saucepan.
- Warm up the turmeric milk over low-medium heat. Use the SkinnyFit Mini Mixer (FREE gift with every Super Youth order!) to froth the mixture. Alternatively, you can froth the concoction by rapidly mixing with a wire whisk.