How To Make Healthy Homemade Strawberry Jam (Only 4 Ingredients!)
Written by: Liz Brown - Jun. 27, 2018
I always felt super intimidated to make jelly or jam. In theory it kind of sounds like it would be simple– “fruit, sugar, juice? Easy peasy!” But then… “uhhh pectin? What the heck is that? Okay you lost me”…. Anyone else? Or is that just me?🤦🏽♀️
Call me old fashioned, but I always assumed making homemade strawberry jam and jelly was something you did once you became a grandma… silly thought, i know! But if you’ve ever attempted to make homemade jam before then you know how it can be a tedious task. (Which is probably why well-equipped grannies from all over the globe flock to the job.) 👵🏼 #GranniesForTheWin!
Another issue I seem to run into whenever I get a hankerin’ for some jam is that my heart nearly stops beating the second I’m brave enough to glance at the nutrition and food label! If you’re audacious enough to take a peek yourself, you’ll notice a lot of the mixtures that are found in most supermarkets (that don’t cost $10/jar) are packed with high-fructose corn syrup and strange ingredients that can potentially raise eyebrows 🤔. Who knew that healthy jam would be so hard to come by these days!
But after lots of research, I’ve discovered a solution: a healthy homemade strawberry jam recipe that’s easy as pie 😉So for all you jam and jelly lovers who simply can’t live without the deliciously sweet fruit spread, fear not! I Got’chu.
This homemade strawberry jam recipe is a lot healthier than most for a few reasons. The first being there is no artificial sweetener, only natural. It’s also packed with protein! Yes, protein! How? Well, we actually boost this recipe with Super Youth, our premier hydrolyzed collagen peptide supplement!
Collagen is a natural protein in our bodies that help keep pretty much everything together. From our skin, hair, and nails, to our joints, gut, and bones! Collagen is crucial for keeping you looking and feeling younger than ever!
What’s great about Super Youth is that it is an odorless and flavorless powder that can be mixed with any food or hot or cold beverage!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: How To Make Healthy 3-Ingredient Protein Donuts
But before you get started on making your jam, there’s just a few notes about this recipe:
- We made a traditional homemade strawberry jam but you can use any fruit you’d like with this recipe.
- To ensure your healthy jam has a strong fruit flavor, cut your fruit into smaller pieces prior to measuring. This will eliminate any open spaces in the measuring cup when using any larger fruits.
- Feel free to swap out the chia seeds for another type of seed if you choose. The seeds help keep the consistency thick and also add a boost of nutrients!
- Make sure you only use a hydrolyzed collagen peptide, like Super Youth. Partially hydrolyzed collagen doesn’t digest fully into your bloodstream making it difficult for your body to process.
To learn more about collagen peptides and why hydrolyzed collagen is the best choice, click here.
Homemade Strawberry Jam
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 2 tbs chia seeds
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 scoops of SkinnyFit Super Youth Collagen
- Blend all ingredients in a blender for 30 seconds
- Transfer to a small pot and heat on low until the mixture bubbles
- Pour into a glass jar, let cool, and store in the fridge
- Use on breads, pastries, or in our Collagen Protein Donuts!