For centuries, people have been using lemon juice as a natural detox to cleanse the body of unwanted impurities and toxins. Additionally, it’s been used to support the immune system, improve digestion, and to protect the liver and kidneys. But this day in age, lemons alone aren’t powerful enough to fight off all the toxicity we are exposed to on a daily basis– pesticides, pollution, and free radicals are just the tip of the iceberg. Enter: the lemon and tea combo 🍋 🍵 Lemon detox tea is known to amplify the detoxification process to target more than just your run-of-the-mill toxins. Lemon detox tea boosts detoxification to a whole new level–battling sugar toxicity, bloating, and supercharging weight loss in the process.
In general, tea contains loads of antioxidants for detoxification but also contains additional health benefits. Tea is known to boost immunity, improve your digestive system and heart health, and support weight loss. Although different types of tea provide different health benefits, there is one type of tea that stands out amongst the rest. And that is detox tea.
Benefits of Lemon Detox Tea
Detox tea, like SkinnyFit Detox, helps kickstart your metabolism, fights bloating, and releases toxins allowing you to feel and look pounds lighter. The signature, all-natural blend of whole tea leaves, berries, and herbs contains no laxatives and has 13 superfood ingredients that help clear out toxins, shed water weight, and nourish your skin in a safe and healthy way.
- SkinnyFit Detox has a natural and subtle peach flavor that pairs perfectly with lemon making it light and refreshing. We kicked this recipe up a notch by adding another special ingredient: mint!
- Mint is a calming and soothing herb that has been used (about as long as lemon has) to aid in stomach issues, indigestion, common colds, allergies, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), pain relief, and helps smooth out skin. Mint also contains menthol which is great for your oral health! (Hello fresh breath! This delightfully refreshing lemon mint tea is soothing and full of flavor making, making it your go-to detoxification blend to release toxins and fight bloating.
- This lemon mint tea contains about 18 mg of caffeine per serving. To compare, one cup of coffee contains about 95 mg of caffeine per serving, making this lemon detox tea perfectly safe to drink more than once per day!
We recommend you drink this lemon mint tea 2-3 times per day to fight off toxins, reduce bloating, and boost metabolism for easier weight loss. Click here to order SkinnyFit Detox to make this recipe!
Lemon Detox Tea Recipe
- 1 cup of SkinnyFit Detox
- 1-2 tbs lemon juice
- 3 lemon slices
- 1 sprig of mint
- Pour one cup of boiling water into a heat safe glass with one SkinnyFit Detox pyramid bag and brew for 5-7 minutes.
- Squeeze 1-2 tbs of lemon juice (about ½ a lemon) into the brewed tea and add 3 lemon slices into the mixture.
- Remove the mint leaves from the sprig and lay them in your palm. (This next one might sound weird so get ready…)
- Using your other hand, slap, literally, the mint leaves by clapping your hands together. (This releases the menthol without breaking the chlorophyll veins in the leaves–The chlorophyll will leave a bitter taste so slapping the mint releases the flavors without the bitterness!))
- Place your mint into your Detox and stir around.
- You may garnish your Detox with a slice of lemon and a sprig of mint for extra flare. This recipe can be used hot or iced!