Bye bye, french fries! 👋 Hello delicious, crispy, and best of all, healthy air fryer zucchini chips!
How I ever cooked before an air fryer is beyond me, and I’m 99.9% sure that my friends and family would agree that my cooking has improved since I’ve invested in one of these bad boys. Not only does the food I make in the air fryer always turn out to be perfectly cooked, crisped, or baked, but because I’m able to save a ton of time when I use my air fryer, I’m able to whip up additional side dishes with my meals. Not to mention clean-up is a breeze! So, in celebration of the air fryer being one the best kitchen gadgets these days, I’m sharing one of my favorite recipes—air fryer zucchini chips!
Air fryer zucchini chips are one of those side dishes that my entire family goes bananas over, and it’s a deliciously hidden way to get a good amount of veggies into the mix. If you’ve got picky eaters at home, then you’ll love and appreciate this zucchini chips air fryer recipe. Made with a mouth-watering garlic aioli sauce for dipping, this recipe is sure to put those potato chip bags to shame.
What Is Air Fried Zucchini?
Air fried zucchini is zucchini that has been cooked and crisped in an air fryer. Cut your zucchini up into slices or wedges and boom! You’ve got air fryer zucchini chips that taste so good, your kiddos might not even realize they’re not real chips!
How To Make Zucchini Chips: Air Fryer
Zucchini chips, air fryer style, take only 15 minutes to make and are a perfect healthy side dish that pairs well with just about anything. You can cut your air fryer zucchini chips into slices so they mimic potato chips, or you can cut them into sticks, like fries. Either way, your family will love the satisfying crunch that air-fried zucchini brings to the dinner table.
After slicing your zucchini, combine your bread crumbs, grated parmesan, and spices in a bowl. Then dredge the zucchini in egg, roll them into your bread crumb mixture, and place them on a baking sheet. Cook the air fryer zucchini chips for 10 minutes and you’ve got a superstar side dish ready to go!
See the full recipe below for how to make air fryer zucchini chips, along with some alternative ingredients you can use to make them even healthier.
Benefits Of Using An Air Fryer
While I’ll admit that I’m a fan of fried food, my diet shakes its head at me every time I hit the drive-through for some fries. Cooking in an air fryer is a great alternative to getting your fried food fix, without the excess calories, fat, and grease. If you haven’t picked up an air fryer for yourself yet, here are some benefits of using an air fryer that might persuade you to do so.
- Fewer calories—Air frying food instead of frying it in oil can cut calories by up to 80% because you’re using less oil, grease, and fat.
- Fewer compounds—Air frying your food may also help lower the amount of acrylamide content, which is a compound that can be created by frying foods. This compound is classified as a carcinogen, meaning it may be linked to cancer. (1).
- Tastier food—Honestly, eating clean just tastes better, and you’ll feel great knowing that you’re serving up your family a healthy dish they’ll actually enjoy.
Air Fryer Zucchini Chips Dipping Sauce
In this recipe, you’ll also find a creamy, delicious, low-calorie garlic aioli dipping sauce, that pairs perfectly with not only zucchini chips, but any veggie that could use a tasty boost. I’ve also added a scoop of unflavored Super Youth collagen to this dip, so you’re eating healthy and keeping your skin young and refreshed at the same time. Enjoy!
Air Fryer Zucchini Chips (With Garlic Aioli)
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 large egg beaten
- ½ cup almond flour or panko/italian breadcrumbs
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Olive oil or olive oil spray
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 scoop Super Youth collagen, unflavored
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Pinch of cayenne and salt
- Cut the zucchini in half and into sticks (aka fries) about 1/2 inch thick and 3-4 inches long.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the almond flour (or bread crumbs), grated parmesan, spices and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix to combine.
- Dredge zucchini in egg and then in the almond flour mixture and place on a plate or baking sheet. Generously spray zucchini with cooking spray.
- Working in batches, place the zucchini fries in a single layer in the air fryer. and Cook for 10 minutes at 400F, or until crispy.
- Garlic Aioli: Add all ingredients in a small bowl, whisk to combine.