Move over peanut butter and jelly, there’s a new snack in town…
Chocolate. Peanut butter. Banana. Gross! Said no one ever…
Have four words ever looked so delicious together? I think not. Chocolate peanut butter banana bites are here to give your taste a run for their money. But these aren’t your ordinary chocolate-covered banana bites. No no, I would never do that to you. This recipe has added skin-smoothing benefits so you’re not just snacking clean, but you’re also adding in some pretty incredible youth-rejuvenating ingredients to your diet.
If you’ve been searching for a healthy snack that you and the kiddos won’t regret eating, then peanut butter banana bites are for you. This “5-ingredient only” snack is perfect for the on-the-go-mom, and will undoubtedly score you some serious points with anyone you share them with!
What Are Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bites?
A plain banana, while delicious, can be just that, plain. This healthy midday fruit can make any kid bored during snack time, so sprucing them up with some peanut butter and chocolate is a great way to still reap the nutritional benefits of bananas, but in a tastier, more delicious way.
If you’ve never tried chocolate peanut butter banana bites, you’re in for a real treat. These tasty little morsels are like a peanut butter and chocolate sandwich, without the bread! So you’re not only saving on unwanted carbs, but because these poppable snacks are the perfect size, you’re not indulging on unnecessary calories, either.
Are Peanut Butter Banana Bites Healthy?
You might see these ingredients and think that chocolate peanut butter banana bites are too good to be healthy, but because this recipe uses natural peanut butter and a small amount of dark chocolate chips, the sugar amount on these peanut butter banana bites is shockingly low.
Not only that, but their small size makes these chocolate-covered banana bites a low-calorie goodie that you’ll feel great about when serving them to the kids. And let’s not forget the star ingredient, banana!
Bananas contain many important nutrients like potassium, vitamin C, magnesium, fiber, vitamin B6, and protein. Not only that, but the fiber in bananas is great for your digestive system!
How To Make Chocolate Covered Banana Bites
Peanut butter banana bites are not only easy to make, but they’re equally as fun to put together! Who doesn’t love slapping together a classic peanut butter and jelly sandwich? Well, this is like that, but better!
Simply peel your bananas and place about ½ teaspoon of peanut butter on top of it. Top that with another banana slice to make a tiny, but cute, banana peanut butter sandwich and place in the freezer to harden for about 1 hour.
While your small sandwiches are getting ready for your taste buds, melt your chocolate chips and coconut oil in the microwave. After that, add in Super Youth Chocolate Cake Collagen to the melted chocolate, and you’ve got yourself a look-younger solution in the form of your favorite childhood snack!
Dip each frozen banana bite into your melted chocolate mixture and then freeze for an additional 15 minutes. You’re going to love the way these chocolate-covered banana bites look and taste, and they’re sure to be a crowd-pleaser you’ll want to make again and again! Enjoy!
Mentioned In This Post
SkinnyFit Chocolate Cake Collagen
Look and feel younger with Super Youth Chocolate Cake! This scrumptious collagen powder includes 5 collagen types from 4 natural sources to restore youthfulness from the inside out.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bites
- 3 ripe bananas
- ⅓ cup natural peanut butter
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 scoop Super Youth Chocolate Cake collagen
- Peel and slice bananas into rounds about 1/4 inch thick.
- Line a platter or small baking sheet with parchment paper. Place about 1/2 teaspoon of peanut butter on a banana slice and top with another banana slice to make a little banana peanut butter sandwich. Place bites on two parchment lined platters or plates and place in the freezer to harden for about 1 hour.
- Melt your chocolate by adding chocolate chips and coconut oil to a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute, stir and microwave in additional 30 second increments until chocolate is completely melted.
- Once chocolate is melted, mix in the Super Youth Chocolate Cake collagen. Dip each frozen banana bite into the melted chocolate collagen so that half of each bite is coated. You can coat the full bite with chocolate, but you’ll need more chocolate chips if you want to do this.
- Place chocolate covered bites back on the parchment lined platter and freeze for an additional 15 minutes.