There’s no better time to reset your health than the beginning of a new year! Give this new year cleanse and detox a try to give your body a fresh start in 2022!
Most people think they need to cleanse once every few months, and do a complete overhaul. They stop eating, they eat sugar-rich fruit juices, and then they gain all of their weight back as soon as they restart their normal eating habits. It’s a silly, vicious cycle to be honest. Especially in January, everyone wants to do a New Year cleanse, or a New Years detox. What people don’t realize is that doing a daily or even weekly cleanse in the form of a detoxifying drink is best!
It’s true, if you incorporate detoxifying herbs and plants into your diet, your body will constantly have support in cleansing out unwanted waste and toxins. This can be everything from processed food, heavy metals, and more. The best New Year detox is one you do every day. So forget the once-a-year New Year cleanse or New Years detox and start incorporating this recipe into your weekly or daily routine! It’s going to help you feel more energized, look slimmer and less bloated, and you’ll notice a new sense of clarity from daily detoxing!
How To Prep For A Cleanse
The best way to prep for a cleanse is pretty straightforward. Whether you’re doing a full-on two or three day New Year detox, or simply incorporating cleansing drinks into your diet, it’s best to follow this protocol:
- Eliminate added sugar & processed foods from your diet—This is a no brainer. Sugar and processed foods will counteract your New Year cleanse goals. They both make your body inflamed and weaken your immune system.
- Drink lots of water—Water is your best friend before, during and after a cleanse! Your body needs water to properly dispose of waste, so helping your body move things along will make your cleanse that much more enjoyable.
- Eat Whole Foods—Providing your body with real, nutrient-dense food will also help support detoxification. One of the easiest ways to support a New Year detox is to simply switch to eating more protein and vegetables!
- Move your body, everyday—Nothing cures stagnation or blocked toxins like exercise! Moving your body quite literally can help move waste along through the body. When we sweat, we’re sweating out waste!
- Avoid alcohol—Just like sugar, alcohol is your worst enemy during a New Year cleanse. It will cause inflammation, decrease cognitive function, slow the liver down (which is key in detoxing!), and more. Skip the sips, and enjoy your detox!
New Years Detox Drink Health Benefits
Drinking this New Year cleanse drink daily is going to absolutely change the way you look and feel. It’s one of the only New Year detox protocols that you can do daily, and never worry about fasting, gaining back weight afterwards, or any of the other difficult side effects of a big cleanse. No, this New Year cleanse is perfect for toxin removal, healthy weight loss, and even hydration! It contains amazing antioxidant-rich ingredients like goji berries, peach, metabolism boosting ingredients like ginseng and green tea, detoxifying ingredients like nettle and dandelion, and much more. Plus, the addition of ginger and cayenne pepper in this New Years detox recipe only helps activate digestion even more. The turmeric in this recipe also helps fight inflammation, which is generally what people want to do a New Year detox for! Inflammation can appear as bloating, redness on the face, puffy fingers and ankles, swollen lymph nodes, and more. This drink is going to blow your mind, and it actually tastes so good! There’s a hint of spice, but nothing you can’t handle, I promise!
New Year Cleanse & Detox Recipe
- 2 cups Detox tea, brewed
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 2-inch piece fresh ginger
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 dash ground turmeric
- Brew your Detox tea and add remaining ingredients. Stir until combined and enjoy!