As summer approaches, my taste buds begin their annual yearning for a chilled and deliciously sweet treat that makes me say “ahh” after each sip. Now, you could opt for the traditional summertime favorites, like a peach iced tea or strawberry lemonade, but nothing quite compares to that of the often overlooked orange creamsicle.
An orange creamsicle smoothie is creamy, dreamy, and without a doubt, tasty, but if you’ve ever had one from a juice or smoothie shop, then you know the calorie and sugar amounts on these bad boys can be diet no-gos. That’s where I come in. This soon-to-be-favorite orange smoothie recipe contains a limited number of ingredients to reduce unwanted calories, and is just as mouth-watering (if not more) as any orange juice smoothie you’ll find at an expensive store.
What’s An Orange Creamsicle Smoothie?
An orange creamsicle smoothie is just like, you guessed it, an Orange Julius. If you’ve been to pretty much any mall ever, then you’ve no doubt seen one of these juice stands around. The creaminess in an orange juice smoothie primarily comes from bananas. Not just for the added texture but for softening the bold citrus flavors of the orange and bringing in a soft and, well, creamy, flavor to it. An orange juice smoothie is a perfectly satisfying summertime treat that your kiddos will go bananas over, and will even bring back some childhood memories for yourself! 🍊
Orange Smoothie Health Benefits
Even though this orange creamsicle smoothie is made with just a few ingredients, the few ingredients it does have, come with some pretty awesome perks. Here are some of the benefits you can expect when you whip up this creamy dream machine!
- Loaded with micronutrients—Let’s begin with our star ingredient—oranges! Orange juice is high in vitamin C, which is an essential nutrient when it comes to keeping our immune system strong and healthy.  Orange juice is also high in folate and potassium, and contains a good amount of antioxidants, which helps protect the body from free radicals. 
- Powerful antioxidants—Besides being oh-so-yummy, bananas contain powerful antioxidants, like dopamine and catechins, that have many health benefits such as potentially reducing the risk of heart disease and other degenerative illnesses. 
- Boosts immunity—Not only does mango contain nutrients like potassium and folate, but it is also packed with important immune-boosting nutrients like vitamin A, C, K, and E, all of which help support a healthy immune system so you can fight infections and conquer your day! 
- Youth-rejuvenation—Unlike that overpriced orange smoothie from the stand, this orange juice smoothie contains a secret skin-smoothing ingredient. By adding SkinnyFit Super Youth muli-collagen peptides to the recipe, you’ve not only got a nutritious, scrumptious smoothie, but you’re also getting age-defying benefits that work from the inside out, including reduced wrinkles and cellulite, stronger bones and joints, and longer, healthier hair and nails.
I chose SkinnyFit Peach Mango collagen flavor for this particular recipe, but you can also opt for Super Youth unflavored collagen as well if you prefer a more “toned down” taste. On the other hand, if you’re feelin’ saucy, add 1 scoop of Super Youth Peach Mango, and 1 scoop of Super Youth Unflavored to your smoothie for double the youth-activating power! Talk about a smoothie that does it all!
How To Make An Orange Creamsicle Smoothie
Ready in just 5 minutes, an orange creamsicle smoothie is super simple to make, and you can double up this recipe so that it’s ready in your fridge for whenever your sweet tooth is calling out.
Just combine your orange juice, banana, mango, Super Youth Peach Mango collagen, Greek yogurt, and vanilla into a blender and mix. Seriously, that’s it!
Hosting a little summer soiree with your girls? Add a little vodka or rum to this recipe to make it a boozy orange creamsicle smoothie that your friends will go ga-ga over! 🍹Feel free to get creative with this recipe, too! Top it off with some cool whip for added creaminess, or garnish it with your favorite fruits. No matter what you decide, this crowd-pleaser of a smoothie is sure to check off all your summertime craving boxes!
Orange Creamsicle Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 1 scoop Super Youth Peach Mango collagen
- ½ cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and mix until creamy. Serve immediately.