If you could sum up childhood summers in one word, wouldn’t it be S’mores? The charred, and melted chocolaty, marshmallowy, goodness oozing off the side of a crunchy, lightly honey-sweetened graham cracker—so classic! That just sounds like the summer that I turned 10 years old.
While the very mention of the classic fireside snack conjures up visions of post pool party bliss, the last thing I’d think when someone mentions S’mores is healthy, that is—until now.
Believe it or not, there is a way to make a delicious and healthy S’mores milkshake. It’s too easy to make, and you probably already have the ingredients in the fridge!
How To Make A S’mores Milkshake
My 4-year-old daughter’s favorite time of day is backyard time—not because of the swing set I spent a whole Saturday building, nope—it’s because of Snores, as she calls them. But I share in her innocent enthusiasm for S’mores, that’s why I was so pumped to find this S’mores milkshake recipe!
So here’s how you make a tasty S’mores smoothie for yourself. First, to prepare your marshmallows, place them on your baking sheet, slide the baking sheet into the broiler, set it on low, and let them heat up for 2-3 minutes – but make sure you don’t let them go too long!
Next, add your milk, vanilla ice cream, chocolate, toasted marshmallows, and graham crackers into the blender, and blend until it’s smooth!
Can You Make A S’Mores Shake, Healthy?
I’m sure you’re wondering how the heck we’re going to make a healthy S’mores shake. My dear readers—the magic lies in the ingredients. Let’s start by revisiting the ingredients list:
- Swap the ice cream for milk & yogurt—Who doesn’t love creamy vanilla ice cream? But if we want to make our S’mores shake a little healthier we can add almond milk or low fat milk. I also added Greek yogurt for the thick texture that you would normally get with ice cream, but with fewer calories and sugar, and more protein.
- Graham crackers—For healthier graham cracker options you can find organic, gluten-free and whole wheat graham crackers that will be a step-up health wise.
- Marshmallows—If you want to go a little healthier with your marshmallows there are low-fat and vegan options available!
- Chocolate collagen—Ok, so there’s no substitute for that famous chocolate bar that most of us grew up using in our S’mores, but Super Youth Chocolate Cake collagen is more than a worthy replacement. With five types of collagen in one, and health benefits like promoting stronger, more beautiful hair, skin and nails, reversing the signs of aging, supporting a healthy digestive system and more—Super Youth Chocolate Cake not only tastes good, it does good! This super-ingredient’s, super-ingredients are the main reason this S’mores milkshake is healthy! Not to mention it’s delicious chocolate cake flavor is the perfect high-protein and low-sugar substitute to make this S’mores milkshake healthy.
Now you’re ready to make some more s’mores!
Healthy S’mores Milkshake
- 1 ½ cups almond milk
- 1 cups vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2-4 scoops Super Youth Chocolate Cake Collagen
- 6 large marshmallows
- 2 sheets honey graham crackers
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place marshmallows on baking sheet and place under a broiler on low for 2-3 minutes. (note: keep a close eye on the marshmallows as they can burn quickly)
- In a blender, combine the almond milk, vanilla Greek yogurt, Chocolate Super Youth, toasted marshmallows, and graham crackers. Blend until smooth.
- (optional) Melt additional chocolate and rim the glasses with chocolate and crushed graham crackers. Add additional toasted marshmallows, graham crackers, and chocolate for a garnish.