Looking for a quick and simple workout you can do just about anywhere? If your schedule is always jam-packed and working out seems to end up at the bottom of your to-do list, this 6-minute workout is perfect for you. I know you’re probably thinking there’s no way that a 6-minute workout can be very effective—but you’d be surprised as to how many calories you can burn in that amount of time. So, if you want to learn how to lose weight with a busy schedule, keep reading.
How To Lose Weight With A Busy Schedule
It’s tough to stay consistent with a workout routine when you have a busy schedule—we get it. But that doesn’t mean that taking care of your health and your body needs to take a back seat. Thankfully, with this6-minute workout, you can finally have the balance you need to get things done.
High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) is a great way to approach fitness when time isn’t always on your side. In fact, a 2011 study concluded that HIIT workouts are not only more enjoyable to those who don’t have a very active lifestyle, but they are just as effective for fat reduction as moderate intensity exercise or steady state cardio! So if you want to know how to lose weight with a busy schedule but might not be very active, HIIT workouts are a win-win for you!
RELATED: The Best 15-Minute Full Body Workout For Women With No Time
Workouts For Busy Women
The bestworkouts for busy women should always have a cardio component. The higher you can get your heart rate the more calories you will burn. The way we structured this workout was to create the most impact in as little time as possible, which means you should be taking as little rest between exercises as you can.
Sometimes finding the motivation for a HIIT workout can be tough, which is why you should be taking a pre-workout beforehand. SkinnyFit Jump Start gives you a natural boost of energy and improves your endurance to help you finish the workout mentally and physically strong! 💪🏼But with every great workout comes the dreaded soreness we all hope to avoid. Of course, the soreness is a good sign that your workout was effective! The soreness you feel after a great workout is actually your body repairing and healing itself from the exercise and it’s a good thing! But it isn’t always the most pleasant feeling walking around like a baby deer taking its first steps, am I right?
SkinnyFit Repair & Recover contains healthy BCAAs (Branch Chain Amino Acids) that help replenish your body of the electrolytes that were lost during your workout. Taking just one scoop after exercise can help nourish your body (and your muscles) with the nutrients they need to heal and recover faster and more effectively.
These are two essential products to have after any workouts for busy women because they help you get the job done!
RELATED: The Best Quick Workouts To Burn More Fat (Tabata Weight Loss)
Quick 6 Minute Workout For Fat Loss
Ready to get that 6-minute workout in? Here’s what to do:
- Perform each exercise for 1 minute straight
- Continue to the next exercise without rest
- Complete one round of all 6 exercises at one minute, for a total of 67 minutes.
6 Minute Workout For Busy Women
- Burpees—start in a standing position and jump up, reaching your hands up. As you land from the hop, squat down and plant your hands firmly on the floor and jump back into a plank position. From there, perform a push-up. Jump your feet back toward your hands, stand up, and repeat.
- Glute Bridge with Leg Lift—lay on your back with your knees bent. Straighten one leg out in front of you and lift your booty off the floor. While maintaining a hovering position with your glutes off of the floor, lift your straightened leg up and back down again. Repeat for 30 seconds and switch legs for the remaining 30 seconds.
- Plank with Leg Raise—begin in a plank position on your forearms. Your shoulders and elbows should be in alignment. Lift one of your heels off the ground to squeeze your glutes. Return your foot to the ground and alternate between both feet. Remember to keep your pelvis pulled in so you back is flat during the plank.
- Surrenders—start in a standing position and keep your hands behind your head. Kneel down to lower onto one knee and then lower your other knee so you are standing on both of your knees.
- Reverse Tabletop Reach—begin with your hands and knees on the floor with your torso facing upward (in a crab walk position). With the opposite hand and foot, lift the two off the floor and bring them together in front of your torso. Alternate sides.
- Wall Sit with Leg Lift—press your back firmly against a wall while maintaining a 90-degree angle with your legs. It should look like you’re sitting on a chair. With your hands out, lift one leg at a time in a marching motion. Alternate sides.