The Best 15-Minute Full Body Workout For Women With No Time!
Written by: Liz Brown - Feb. 13, 2019
Raise your hand if you’ve ever been so busy that you forgot to workout? 🙋♀️Or maybe you use your busy schedule as an excuse to not workout? GUILTYYYY! Either way, if your days seem to come and go faster than donuts in an office break room, then getting a good workout in is probably the last thing on your mind. Thankfully, we have a great 15-minute full body workout for women with no time and no equipment.
Full Body Bodyweight Workout
If you think that getting a good workout that tones your entire body is only for those who hit the gym on a regular basis, well, I’m happy to say that you are mistaken! Believe it or not, your own bodyweight can add enough resistance to make for an incredible full body bodyweight workout!
Resistance training is essential for developing healthy bones, joints, muscles, and even helps burn fat. In fact, for every pound of muscle you have on your body you burn an additional 50 calories at rest—that’s right, you burn an extra 50 calories doing absolutely nothing, just by having lean muscle.
A common concern with many women is that resistance training can cause them to become “too bulky”. And while this concern is valid, women do not contain enough testosterone naturally to develop such alarming amounts of muscle. If you’re still not convinced then this full body bodyweight workout is a great introduction to resistance training.
Support Lean Muscle With Collagen
Resistance training is excellent for helping to build lean muscle—but ensuring that your body maintains that muscle is another thing. That’s where taking a daily collagen supplement, like SkinnyFit Super Youth can come in handy. You see, collagen is actually the most abundant protein found in the body, and protein is the primary building block for muscle.
With just two scoops of Super Youth collagen every day you can supply your body with 14 additional grams of lean protein. Additionally, this kind of extra support can help ease joint pain, stiffness, inflammation, and improves the strength of your tendons and ligaments!
We recommend pairing your collagen with a fast-acting branch chain amino acid blend, or BCAA, like SkinnyFit Repair and Recover. Taking one scoop of BCAAs immediately after physical activity, like this quick full body workout, for example, will replenish your body with the electrolytes that are lost during exercise.
Quick Full Body Workout For Women
This quick full body workout for women with no time has everything you need to burn calories and build lean muscle! Are you ready? Here’s the workout:
Full Body Bodyweight Workout
Perform each exercise for 45 seconds and rest for 15 seconds between each exercise. Complete 3 rounds total.
- Back Lunge with Torso Rotation— From a standing position complete a reverse lunge and rotate your torso at the bottom of the lunge. If you are lunging with your right leg behind you, twist to the right. If you’re lunging with your left leg behind you, twist to the left. Alternate sides.
- Blast-Off Planks— Start in a standard plank position keeping your wrists directly under your shoulders, pushing into the ground. Pull your pelvis inward toward your bellybutton to engage your core with your toes tucked in. Shift your weight toward your feet, bending your legs, and keeping your back flat. Return to the plank position.
- Wood Chop— Standing with your feet apart, clasp your hands together and reach to one side of your body down by your knees. Your body should be rotated slightly toward that side. Stand and rotate your body to the opposite side, reaching your hands high above your head. This is the same movement you would do if you were chopping wood, hence, the name.
- Plank Jack— Begin in a plank position and hop your feet out and in (similar to a jumping jack) but holding the plank.
- Hovering Tabletop with Kickback— Begin in a standard tabletop position with your hips and knees, and your shoulders and wrists aligned. Remember to pull your pelvis inward so not to arch your back. Slightly raise your knees from the ground to hover about 1-2 inches. While hovering, swing one of your legs up into a kickback position, squeezing your glutes. Alternating the kickback with each leg and remaining in the hovering position for as long as you can.